The Screen Time feature is here if you need some privacy from work emails while away from the iPhone, but you can’t resist social media apps. Last year, Apple announced iOS 12 and its Screen Time feature, which allows you to use it to limit the number of iPhone apps you can use. The Screen Time feature allows you to “lock” any iPhone apps you don’t want others or yourself to be able to access.
The following steps will guide you.
How to lock apps on your iPhone with Screen Time
1. You can access Screen Time from the Settings app on your home screen.
2. Limits for apps can be accessed by selecting “App Limits” in the “Screen Time” menu. If you prefer to set a passcode for Screen Time and your Lock Screen passcode, you can enter that at the bottom of the menu before continuing.
3. You must enter the Screen Time passcode to access the “App Limits” menu after creating the passcode.
4. Sliding the “App Limits” menu until the green bar appears will enable “App Limits.”.
5. At the bottom of the menu, tap “Add Limit” once you have turned off “App Limits.”.
6. By selecting “All Apps & Categories” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you can limit all apps or select the categories you wish to limit, such as “Productivity” or “Social Networking.” You can also limit all apps by selecting “All Apps & Categories” and tapping “Next.”
7. As soon as you have selected the apps you would like to limit, you can then choose the amount of time and days you want to limit the apps for and whether or not you wish to block the apps after the limit has been reached. Passcode-locking an app is achieved by blocking it.
8. Tap “Add” in the upper right-hand corner when finished.
You May Also Like – How to Combine Images on iPhone and iPad Using Shortcuts
How to lock individual apps on the iPhone using Screen Time
1. Select “Screen Time” from Settings.
2. In the upper left corner of the screen, tap the name of your iOS device.
3. Choose the app that you wish to limit from the list.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click “Add Limit”.
5. Using the dials, you can set a time limit for Screen Time once you’ve entered your passcode. Tap on “Add” in the upper right corner of the Screen Time screen.
How to unlock an iPhone app locked by Screen Time
1. You can continue to use an app once you reach the time limit you’ve set but must tap “Ask For More Time” under an hourglass icon.
2. You will be asked to enter your lock screen passcode if you have not created a Screen Time passcode.
3. As prompted, enter either the four-digit passcode you created for Screen Time or the lock screen passcode.
4. Following the entry of your passcode, you can specify how long you want the app to be allowed to be used – either 15 minutes, an hour, or all day.